Smith, Andrea, M.A., CI & CT; SC:L
- Title: Undergraduate Program Director, Instructor Level 2
- Office: PCD 4023
- Send email
- Curriculum Vitae
Andrea Smith is a sign language interpreter who has been practicing in the Tampa Bay area since 1995. She specializes in legal and mental health interpreting and is committed to the on-going professional development of certified sign language interpreters. In addition to her expertise in interpreting, her master’s degree focused on program management within higher education. She has worked to expand the undergraduate CSD programs in order to support the critical needs of the Deaf and hard of hearing community throughout the state of Florida.
|A.A. (Liberal Arts)||Manatee Community College||1994|
|Interpreter Training||St. Petersburg Junior College||1996|
|B.A. (Interdisciplinary Social Sciences)||University of South Florida||2003|
|M.A. (Adult, Higher & Career Education)||University of South Florida||2009|
- Interpreting 1
- Fundamentals of Interpreting
- American Sign Language – all levels
- Senior Seminar in Interpreting
- Specialized Terminology
- Advanced Receptive Voicing
- Structure of American Sign Language
- Interpreting Process/Skills Development
- American Deaf Culture
- Interpreting Observation
- Practicum Supervision
- Introduction to CSD
- Bonni, B, Smith, A & Surrency, S (2015). Foundations of American Sign Language: Course 3. Kendall Hunt. Dubuque.
- Smith, A& Surrency, S (2014). Foundations of American Sign Language: Course 2. Kendall Hunt. Dubuque.
- Smith, A& Surrency, S (2014). Foundations of American Sign Language. Kendall Hunt. Dubuque.
- Smith, A.,& Surrency, S. (2012). Massachusetts Front Porch Study: CSA at Walden School, Framingham. Tampa, FL: University of South Florida, Louis de la Parte Florida Mental Health Institute, Dept. of Child and Family Studies, College of Behavioral and Community Science