Lister, Jennifer, Ph.D., CCC-A, FAAA
- Title: Associate Dean- Undergraduate Studies, Professor
- Phone: (813) 974-9712
- Office: PCD 3003
- Send email
- Curriculum Vitae
Dr. Lister is currently Associate Dean of Undergraduate Studies. She earned a B.S. in Speech and Hearing Sciences and a Ph.D. in Communication Sciences and Disorders from the University of South Alabama. She holds the Certificate of Clinical Competence in Audiology (CCC-A) from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, is a Fellow of the American Academy of Audiology, and is a Licensed Audiologist by the State of Florida Department of Health. Dr. Lister joined the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders in 1999, was promoted to Associate Professor with tenure in 2005, and was promoted to Full Professor in 2012. She served the Department as Audiology Graduate Program Director from 2005 to 2014 and as Department Chair from 2014 to 2017. Her areas of research interest are aging, auditory processing, auditory training, cortical auditory evoked potentials, and the relationship between hearing and cognition.
|B.S. (Speech & Hearing Sciences)||University of South Alabama||1995|
|Ph.D. (Communication Sciences & Disorders)||University of South Alabama||1999|
Clinical Fellow in Audiology
|Speech and Hearing Center, University of South Alabama, Mobile, AL||1997-1999|
Clinical Fellow in Audiology
|Premier Medical ENT Group, Mobile, AL||1997-1999|
- SPA 7834 Audiology Doctoral Project Seminar
- SPA 6354 Hearing Conservation
- SPA 5132 Audiology Instrumentation
- SPA 5153 Quantitative Problem Solving in Speech and Hearing
- SPA 5120 Psychoacoustics
- Undergraduate Honors Program
- O’Brien, J.L., Lister, J.J., Fausto, B.A., Clifton, G.K., & Edwards, J.D. (in press). Cognitive training enhances auditory attention efficiency in older adults. Frontiers in Aging Neuroscience
- Valdes, E.G., Andel, R., Lister, J.J., Gamaldo, A., Harrison Bush, A.L., & Edwards, J.D. (under review). The efficacy of cognitive speed of processing training among older adults with psychometrically-defined mild cognitive impairment. Alzheimer Disease & Associated Disorders - An International Journal
- Edwards, J.D., Lister, J.J., Elias, M.N., Tetlow, A.M., Sardina, A.L., Sadeq, N.A., Brandino, A.D. & Harrison Bush, A.L. (in press). Auditory processing of older adults with probable mild cognitive impairment. Journal of Speech Language Hearing Research
- Maxfield, N.D., Olsen, W., Kleinman, D., Frisch, S., Ferreira, V., & Lister, J.J. (2016). Attentional demands of language production in adults who stutter. Clinical Neurophysiology, 127, 1942-1960.
- Edwards, J.D., Lister, J.J., Lin, F.R., Andel, R., Brown, L.M., & Wood, J. (2016). Association of hearing impairment and subsequent driving mobility in older adults. The Gerontologist doi:10.1093/geront/gnw009. JCR SS 3.231
- Lister, J.J., Harrison Bush, A.L., Andel, R., Matthews, C., Morgan, D., & Edwards, J.D. (2016). Cortical auditory evoked responses of older adults with and without probable mild cognitive impairment. Clinical Neurophysiology, 127, 1279-1287.
- O’Brien, J.L., Nikjeh, D., & Lister, J.J. (2015). Interaction of musicianship and aging: A comparison of cortical auditory evoked potentials. Behavioural Neurology, 2015, 545917. http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2015/545917
- Fulton, S., Lister, J.J., Harrison Bush, A., Edwards, J., & Andel, R. (2015). Mechanisms of the hearing-cognition relationship. Seminars in Hearing, 36(3), 140-149. doi:10.1055/s-0035-1555117. Invited Review.
- O’Brien, J.L., Lister, J.J., Peronto, C.L., & Edwards, J.D. (2015). Perceptual and cognitive neural correlates of the useful field of view test in older adults. Brain Research, 1624, 167-174. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.brainres.2015.07.032
- Harrison Bush, A. L., Lister, J.J., Lin, F. R., Betz, J., & Edwards, J. D. (2015). Peripheral hearing and cognition: Evidence from the Staying Keen in Later Life (SKILL) Study. Ear & Hearing, 36(4): 395-407. doi:10.1097/aud.0000000000000142
- Edwards, J.D., Valdés, E., Peronto, C., Castora-Binkley, M., Alwerdt, J., Andel, R., Lister, J.J. (2015). The efficacy of Insight cognitive training to improve Useful Field of View performance: A Brief Report. Journal of Gerontology Series B: Psychological Sciences and Social Sciences, 70(3), 417-422. doi: 10.1093/geronb/gbt113
- O’Brien, J.L., Edwards, J.D., Maxfield, N.D., Peronto, C.L., Williams, V.A. & Lister, J.J. (2013). Cognitive training and selective attention in the aging brain: An electrophysiological study. Clinical Neurophysiology, 124: 2198-208. doi: 10.1016/j.clinph.2013.05.012
- Edwards, J., Ruva, C., O’Brien, J., Haley, C., & Lister, J.J. (2013). An examination of mediators of the transfer of cognitive speed of processing training to everyday functional performance. Psychology and Aging, 28(2), 314-321. doi:10.1037/a0030474.
- Humes, L., Dubno, J., Gordon-Salant, S., Lister, J.J., Cacace, A., Cruickshanks, K., Gates, G., Wilson, R., & Wingfield, A. (2012). Central presbycusis: A review and evaluation of the evidence: Report from the Academy Task Force on Central Presbycusis. Journal of the American Academy of Audiology, 23(8), 635–666. doi: 10.3766/jaaa.23.8.5
- Lister, J.J., Roberts, R., Krause, J., DeBiase, D., & Carlson, H. (2011). An adaptive clinical test of temporal resolution: Within-channel and across-channel gap detection. International Journal of Audiology, 50(6), 375-384. PMID: 21303227
- Lister, J.J., Roberts, R., & Lister, F. (2011). An adaptive clinical test of temporal resolution: Age effects. International Journal of Audiology, 50(6), 367-374. PMID: 21299377
- Lister, J.J., Maxfield, N., Pitt, G., & Gonzalez, V. (2011). Auditory evoked response to gaps in noise: Age effects. International Journal of Audiology, 50(4), 211–225. PMID: 21385014