Sanchez, Victoria, Au.D., Ph.D., CCC-A
- Title: Research Assistant Professor
- Phone: (813) 974-9826
- Office: PCD 4014
- Send email
- Curriculum Vitae
Dr. Sanchez earned a Bachelor degree in Interdisciplinary Studies from the University of California Santa Barbara. She earned both her Au.D. and Ph.D. from the University of South Florida. She holds the Certificate of Clinical Competence in Audiology (CCC-A) from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, is a fellow of the American Academy of Audiology, and is a licensed audiologist by the state of Florida. Currently Dr. Sanchez is a Research Assistant Professor in Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders where she teaches, performs clinical services, and leads several research studies. She is an investigator in the Auditory Rehabilitation & Clinical Trials (ARCT) Laboratory where her research areas of interest are speech perception, auditory cognitive neuroscience, auditory rehabilitation, and effects of various disorders and interventions on the auditory system.
|B.A. (Biology, Psychology, Speech & Hearing Sciences)||University of California, Santa Barbara||2007|
|Au.D. (Doctor of Audiology)||University of South Florida||2011|
Ph.D. (Communication Sciences and Disorders)
|University of South Florida||2014|
- SPA 6136 Vestibular Evaluation & Treatment
- SPA 6307 Speech Perception & Hearing Loss
- SPA 5506 Audiology Clinic Practicum I, II, & III
- SPA 3030 Introduction to Hearing Science
- Sanchez, V. (In Press). Relationship between Hearing & Cognition/Dementia. Starkey Innovation Maganize. Invited Paper.
- Williams-Sanchez, V.A., McArdle, R.A., Wilson, R. H., Kidd, G., Watson, C., Bourne, A. (2014). Validation of a Screening Test of Auditory Function using the Telephone. Journal of the American Academy of Audiology.
- O'Brien, J. L., Edwards, J. D., Maxfield, N. D., Peronto, C.L., Williams, V. A., Lister, J. J. (2013). Cognitive training and selective attention in the aging brain: An electrophysiological study. Clinical Neurophysiology.
- Williams, V.A., McArdle, R. A., Chisolm, T. H. (2012). Subjective and objective outcomes of a new BICROS system. Journal of the American Academy of Audiology, 23:10, 789-806.
- Tun, P., Williams, V., Small, B., Hafter, E. (2012). Effects of aging on auditory and cognitive processing. American Journal of Audiology, 21, 344-350.
- Danhauer, J. L., Johnson, C. E., Newman, C. W., Williams, V.A., Van Vilet, D. (2011). An open letter to Dennis: We can do more to educate our patients about falls risk. Audiology Today, 23:5, 58-69.
- Johnson, C.E., Danhauer, J.L., Newman, C.E., Williams, V.A. (2011). Problem with baby's hearing? An intervention checklist. Journal of Family Practice, 60(2), E1-7.